The Center for Civic Engagement’s vision is to advance the land-grant mission of the university by fostering meaningful connections between campus and communities to effect positive change in society. In conducting that work in an ethical manner, Center for Civic Engagement staff will:
- Adhere to all Washington State ethics laws (RCW 42.52)
- Work with fairness, integrity, and impartiality.
- Recognize and address conflicts of interest in personal and professional interactions.
- Communicate with accurate and reputable information (including social media, marketing materials, public statements, etc.).
- Protect the confidentiality of stakeholder and community member’s sensitive information.
- Do no harm to the community, including campus, and to those served in the community.
- Strive to hold stakeholders (staff, faculty, students, community partners) accountable to the same ethical standards.
- Review ethical statements periodically and update practices as necessary.