Skip to main content
Skip over navigation
Center for Civic Engagement
Student On-Site Orientation Checklist
- Mission of the organization.
- Who the organization serves.
- Specific policies and procedures related to the service placement.
- Proof of eligibility that is needed (fingerprinting, background check). Who will cover the cost of this? Where should students go to have fingerprinting done?
- Expectations of the student.
- Provide students a job description detailing the work they will do.
- Site supervisor’s contact information.
- How closely will the students be supervised? By whom?
- Who do students call if they cannot make their scheduled service time or will be late?
- Discuss appropriate attire when providing services.
- What will student learn? What qualities or skills will the student develop?
- Review confidentiality rules on site. Are pictures or videos allowed?
- Review any risks associated with the placement.
- Talk about service schedule.
- Who can the student contact with questions or concerns about the placement?
- Is there a formal evaluation the agency will fill out?
- Where will students park if they drive?
- Tour site-locations of restrooms, break area, etc.
- Where, and with whom, do students check in each time they arrive at site?
- Review safety rules of the site, location of emergency exits, and emergency procedures.
- Emergency contact information for the student.
- Review accident procedures at the site and what to do if there is an injury.