Welcome Community Partners!
Thank you for your willingness to work with a Washington State University student in a community engagement experience! This type of experiential learning allows students the opportunity to connect what they are learning with real-world experiences. Students often comment that their community engagement experiences are their favorite and most meaningful elements of their course. This has much to do with the fact that you as a community partner have the opportunity to contribute to their learning.
By agreeing to work with a WSU student, we request that you:
- Respond to contacts from the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) and/or course instructor (by phone or e-mail) periodically throughout the semester, and inform the CCE and/or course instructor of any concerns or praise regarding the student
- Sign the WSU Affiliation Agreement by registering with the CCE on GivePulse – the online database used by WSU and many other colleges and universities (see below)
- Provide the student with adequate supervision
- Verify the student’s service hours in GivePulse
WSU requires that community organizations sign an affiliation agreement which delineates organizational responsibilities, including safety of students participating in community engagement and service opportunities in the community.
Instructions for Registering on GivePulse
GivePulse is a recruitment and management tool for community organizations working with WSU students and the primary means for tracking WSU student community engagement. GivePulse was developed specifically for nonprofits and community organizations to engage both students and community members with their community engagement and volunteer opportunities. To register your organization and affiliate with WSU, please complete the following steps:
- Create a profile for yourself and your organization in GivePulse, the online volunteer management system used by WSU.
- Click here to review the Affiliation Agreement. Approved affiliations are valid for two years.
For further questions regarding GivePulse, community engagement at WSU, or the Center for Civic Engagement, please contact our Community Partnership team at email@example.com or call 509.335.7708. Visit our website at cce.wsu.edu/communitypartners for more information about the CCE and additional resources to enhance the civic engagement of WSU students. Thank you for providing meaningful opportunities for WSU students to further their education while serving their communities! We look forward to working with you.