Since 2010, the Interfraternity Council and Panhellenic Association have partnered with the CCE to improve the quality of and record the civic engagement their members complete.
Between the 2010-2011 and 2013-2014 school year, the total civic engagement hours completed by Greeks increased by over 6,600 hours; an increase of just over 19% within the entire WSU Greek community! In 2013-2014, 2,267 Greeks were actively engaged in civic engagement on the Palouse and averaged nine hours per student. Moreover, of the total civic engagement hours tracked on CougSync in the 2013-2014 academic year, 45% of the hours were completed by Greek students.
Greek Cougs are making a huge difference in our community, and we're proud to support your efforts to make the world a better place.
CCE Support of the Greek Community
The CCE supports the Greek community in a variety of ways.
- Find civic engagement projects for your fraternity/sorority.
- Orientations for your members to better understand services the CCE provides and an introduction to CougSync to better navigate and find opportunities.
- Track all civic engagement hours completed by your members.
- Provide mid-term and final hours reports each semester to Philanthropy Chairs and Community Service Chairs.
- Send a letter to your Nationals each year, sharing with them the number civic engagement hours your fraternity/sorority completed, along with an explanation of the types of service your members engaged in.
Group Service Projects
If your fraternity or sorority would like to have a service project developed for your group, please fill out theon CougSync.
As part of your group project, the CCE can provide an orientation, an introduction to CougSync, and a reflection on the project with a trained CCE staff member. Please keep in mind that you will need to fill out this form for either approval or requesting assistance in securing a project. You must seek approval for a project PRIOR to the project date. More information about group projects is available firstname.lastname@example.org.. If you have specific questions please contact our Group Projects GA at 509-335-0581 or
CCE-Led Service Projects
CCE staff lead daily one time service projects for students. These events include free transportation!