Since 2010, the Interfraternity Council and Panhellenic Association have partnered with the CCE to improve the quality of and record the civic engagement their members complete.
Between the 2010-2011 and 2013-2014 school year, the total civic engagement hours completed by Greeks increased by over 6,600 hours; an increase of just over 19% within the entire WSU Greek community! In 2013-2014, 2,267 Greeks were actively engaged in civic engagement on the Palouse and averaged nine hours per student. Moreover, of the total civic engagement hours tracked on CougSync in the 2013-2014 academic year, 45% of the hours were completed by Greek students.
Greek Cougs are making a huge difference in our community, and we're proud to support your efforts to make the world a better place.
CCE Support of the Greek Community
The CCE supports the Greek community in a variety of ways.
- Find civic engagement projects for your fraternity/sorority.
- Orientations for your members to better understand services the CCE provides and an introduction to CougSync to better navigate and find opportunities.
- Track all civic engagement hours completed by your members.
- Provide mid-term and final hours reports each semester to Philanthropy Chairs and Community Service Chairs.
- Send a letter to your Nationals each year, sharing with them the number civic engagement hours your fraternity/sorority completed, along with an explanation of the types of service your members engaged in.
- Mid-Term Report: Number of hours completed by fraternity/sorority. Please note that this report will not include hours that your members complete for a course. Provided mid-semester.
- Final Comprehensive Report: This will be a detailed report of all the hours each member has completed, including hours completed for a course. This report also indicates whether or not your fraternity/sorority met the requirement. Provided after the end of the semester.
Group Service Projects
As part of your group project, the CCE can provide an orientation, an introduction to CougSync, and a reflection on the project with a trained CCE staff member. Please keep in mind that you will need to fill out this form for either approval or requesting assistance in securing a project. You must seek approval for a project PRIOR to the project date. More information about group projects is available email@example.com.. If you have specific questions please contact our Group Projects GA at 509-335-0581 or
CCE-Led Service Projects
CCE staff lead daily one time service projects for students. These events include free transportation! You can register for these projects on CougSync under “Service Opportunities” by searching for “CCE Transportation Provided”.