About the CCE
Civic Engagement is central to the public purpose of higher education and essential to the student experience, empowering students to become active citizens in a democratic society. The WSU Center for Civic Engagement exists to forge community-campus partnerships that build community capacity, generate knowledge, and solve problems through service, leadership, and scholarship.
The CCE advances the land-grant mission of the university, fostering meaningful connections and engagement between campus and communities to effect positive change in society.
The CCE facilitates student and faculty engagement with communities to promote shared knowledge, research, and service to society.
- ommunity: Connectedness; sense of belonging
- wareness: Self-knowledge; informed democratic engagement
- espect: Civility; perspective-taking; responsibility
- quity: Inclusion; social justice
- ustainability: Change; healthy people; healthy planet
- Civic Responsibility and Community Knowledge: Understanding of social, cultural, and/or environmental issues impacting community and willingness to engage with community to effect positive change
- Self Awareness and Efficacy: Understanding and acceptance of self and others; empowerment to act; awareness of, and responsibility for, the impact of actions on others
- Academic and Career Development: Enhanced ability to apply academic concepts and/or identify career connections through community work and networks
- Enhance the learning, success, and civic development of all WSU students through diverse civic engagement and leadership experiences.
- Develop key campus and community partnerships that promote the mission and values of the CCE and address community-identified needs.
- Align the CCE with institutional initiatives that support a culture of engagement, research, and the land-grant mission of WSU.
- Maximize program resources to respond to increased responsibility for campus-community engagement.
Each academic year, the CCE produces an annual report to share our accomplishments over the year. Click on the links below to download our annual reports.